Oral rehabilitation is considered one of the main areas of dentistry in general, and one of the most sought after fields in dental clinics in Israel. This is due to various dental problems that require general oral rehabilitation, which consists of a number of treatments that will bring the patient to the desired result – maximum aesthetics, health over time and the elimination of pain in the teeth and gums.
In fact, it has a main purpose, and it is to fulfill its dental function by means of the 32 teeth that exist in it and are divided between the upper and lower jaw. When there are cases such as trauma, persistent neglect of the teeth, displacement or loss of the tooth and so on, impaired functioning of the mouth and may form a variety of problems such as gum disease, additional tooth loss, formation of holes and more. This situation will require restoration of a mouth consisting of many treatments, and therefore it is recommended to perform rehabilitation here as soon as possible.
Oral Rehabilitation – What is important to check?
Oral rehabilitation is an important and significant procedure performed to gain oral and jaw health over the years and to improve the quality of life of the patient. Oral and maxillofacial problems can detract from a person’s lifestyle because they impair the enjoyment of eating and drinking, causing pain and stuttering in the aesthetics of the mouth, a phenomenon that is sometimes accompanied by unpleasant odors. Therefore, the choice to perform oral and jaw rehabilitation is a correct and important decision. However, there are a number of things that should be noticed before oral rehabilitation, first and foremost the selection of the appropriate clinic and doctor. In this selection, several criteria must be considered:
- Seniority – The doctor you choose to perform your oral rehabilitation is very important for the success of the treatment, so it is important that you have as much experience and seniority as possible. Experience and experience can help in the success of the treatment, as well as the skill and professionalism of the doctor, in which he performs the treatments and addresses the challenges of your health situation. In addition, seniority and experience can lead to better aesthetic results, and this is one of the reasons for rehabilitation here in the first place.
- Equipment and raw materials – Apart from the doctor’s experience, it is very important to check that in the clinic where you wish to undergo rehabilitation treatments you will use the best quality raw materials and advanced equipment in the field of oral rehabilitation. All of these, along with the doctor’s experience, will ensure a better chance of successful oral rehabilitation. Naturally, the two can not be separated, since the most innovative tools and the highest quality materials in the hands of a person without experience and skills will not help anyone.
- Diagnosis – Diagnosis is one of the most important steps in the oral rehabilitation process, since it will determine which treatments to undergo and what problems should be dealt with. In order to perform a reliable diagnosis, use the most advanced equipment, which provides an accurate picture of the state of the mouth. Along with the opinion of a specialist, a recommendation will be given for the appropriate treatments. The diagnosis will determine if you need permanent or removable implants, where and how the implants will be placed, and you will also see how your mouth will look after the full reconstruction. Dental implants have many advantages, are biologically adapted to the patient and are considered very durable.
- Aesthetics – Before choosing a clinic for rehabilitation here, it is important that you pay attention to the aesthetic dimension of rehabilitation and its various aspects. The aesthetic result of rehabilitation here should include matching the shape of the jaw and the color of the teeth and providing an aesthetic smile to the patient. Therefore, the doctor should have an aesthetic sense, hands skilled and gentle and the ability to achieve the best result. Also, if you are planning on doing the whitening of the teeth as well, note that you must first perform the whitening process so that there are no color differences. In these cases as in other aesthetic cases of sweating or hair removal it is advisable to consult your physician in order to properly plan the therapeutic process.
Planning of oral rehabilitation – building a program and treatments
If you decide that you want to undergo rehabilitation here, it is very important to plan the various treatments in terms of their choice, schedule and payment framework. Planning will help you prepare both mentally and financially for oral rehabilitation, and by knowing exactly how the program will go, you will be able to feel calmer and more relaxed.
The person who builds the treatment program is also the person who performs the treatment – your doctor, who is based on early diagnosis, his knowledge and his skills, and a wide range of other factors, such as the patient’s health and state of mind. The treatment program should be built professionally and with careful consideration of the complex that makes up the patient in terms of his professional and mental state, as well as his body and his dedication to the series of treatments and rehabilitation. Please note that oral rehabilitation is a separate dental specialty and not every dentist is qualified to perform this procedure.
Oral rehabilitation treatments
Treatments for oral rehabilitation can consist of a number of factors and cover a wide range of subjects and parts of the mouth that involve full rehabilitation:
- Preventing gum problems – Rehabilitation of the mouth and jaw not only refers to the teeth but also to the gums, which can cause pain and decrease in quality of life. Gum problems can cause bleeding during brushing, dangling teeth, bad breath and changes in the structure of the teeth itself. In addition, there is a risk of withdrawal of the gums, exposure of the roots and sensitivity to variable temperature and contact. It is important to note that gum disease is considered to be most common, and during oral rehabilitation it is important to address this. In order to treat gum problems, the source of the problem must first be identified, and during oral and maxillofacial rehabilitation, the best treatment for the gums should be found. In some cases where there are structural problems in the gums, periodontal surgery may be necessary.
- Jaw surgery – jaw surgery can be performed as part of oral and maxillofacial rehabilitation and to change to a great extent the quality of life of the patient and the aesthetic result of the treatments. Jaw problems can be caused by various reasons, such as genetics or birth defects that lead to the asymmetry of the jaw. In these cases, correction can be performed by moving the jaws and creating a symmetrical and pleasant appearance. Also, jaw surgery is performed when there is trauma or trauma in case the jaw comes out and needs to be returned.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are considered to be the most advanced and widespread field in terms of the oral and jaw rehabilitation program. Transplants can be done as a result of tooth extraction, tooth loss, or injury or trauma that damaged the normal structure of the tooth. There are several ways to perform dental implants, so it is important to choose a skilled and professional doctor who can match the best way to implant your teeth. Transplantation can also significantly help the aesthetic appearance of the mouth and face, as well as the patient’s quality of life, without which he or she must deal with lack of teeth or abnormal teeth. Read more about dental implants – here.
EasyDent enables its customers to undergo quality dental treatments and oral rehabilitation at attractive prices at specialist clinics abroad. For more information about the process, please contact us at 1700-703-720 or contact us via the website and we will get back to you as soon as possible.